Things To Know About Sign Repair
TYPES OF SIGNS THAT COULD USE SERVICE AND REPAIR
If lamp outages are ignored this can also cause the ballasts to burn out.
If the outage you see is ignored -and the problem is a transformer – neglect can cause a second transformer replacement. Transformers are wired in series,so the faulty unit is drawing 100% power 100% of the time instead of the normal 6% a functional one uses. If the sign has more than one transformer,the next one in line (series) is being compromised if the issue is not addressed.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT SIGN REPAIR
1) Unless you have direct or related professional experience,do not try to make these repairs yourself. Doing so can result in personal injury and damage to signs and equipment.
2) Photograph your sign when it is new or at 100% illumination for archival reasons- compare it with its appearance when you notice an outage or that it doesn’t look “quite right.”
3) As soon as you see anything different or unusual with the way your signs looks,call a professional sign company. To let the issue go unchecked will result in greater repair costs.
INDICATIONS YOUR SIGN NEEDS REPAIR
1) Letters or designs that are not lit.
2) Shadows behind the face of the sign when lit.
3) Part of your sign or building border is flickering.
4) Flashing indicates that the sign should be serviced right away.
1) LED is not meant to be on 24/7. Neon can take it
2) Make sure your timers are set and ask yourself; does my sign need to be on 24/7 or at odd times during the day? Also don’t forget about Daylight Saving and Standard Time.[dcl=6749]